One of the many services Student Senate Provides is the funding of various on campus organizations, events, and academic projects. If you have a proposal that you are interested in requesting funding for, please read the Funding Guidelines and fill out an application below!
- Student Government sponsorships are available to full-time Truman students and CSI chartered campus organizations in good standing. The purpose of the funding is to aid in the implementation of programs that embody the mission and/or values of Truman State University.
- Individual students and student groups can apply for appropriations, not to exceed a total amount of $650 for the academic year.
- Recipients may make use of the funding awarded to them in an unlimited number of payments of any amount, provided that the total amount used does not exceed the amount awarded by the Committee.
- The Appropriations Committee has the authority to determine final amount of funding awarded.
- The Appropriations Committee reserves the right to deny funding for any reason.
- Applicants must submit request a minimum of three weeks when the University is in session prior to the date the funds will be needed by.
- Applicants will be notified whether or not the application has been accepted by no more than three weeks when the University is in session after funding has been requested.
- Requests must be for a program to be implemented in the same academic year in which funding is awarded.
- Students or student groups that do not implement their program, which funding is provided for, in the same semester that funding is awarded, may forfeit the awarded amount.
- All publications for programs receiving funding from the Committee must contain the Student Government logo.
- Students currently serving on Student Government are not eligible to receive funding. Any student serving on the Student Government who is affiliated with a group that applies for a Student Government sponsorship must fully disclose the nature of the relationship at the first possible public meeting of the full body of the Student Government.
- If a guideline(s) is/are violated or the program does not occur, the student or student group must return all funding to the Student Government within 14 days of written notification from the Student Government.
Any questions regarding funding from Student Government can be directed to the Appropriations Committee at: email@example.com
APPROPRIATIONS APPLICATION:APPLICATION FOR A GRANT/SPONSORSHIP